...
...
...

20140309

Remember the Tale of Stephen Townsend?

Hi Friends,

So it's been a while huh?
You're probably thinking 'why must you toy with my heart, I was an avid follower, I did nothing wrong and then you just deserted me.  Why after 2 long years do you decide to come back again?'

Well, those 2 long years feel like 2 short days for me and as for the coming back, I definitely can't commit to that. I was just reading some old posts as I am thinking of writing a book, probably only for myself, full of witty comments and narrations of my life and I got all nostalgic and such.

I felt I couldn't take a visit without saying hello.

So what's been going on?
Me? Oh how kind of you to ask.
I'm doing pretty good. I'm in Melbourne, it's been probably the worst year I have ever experienced but things can only get better. Right? RIGHT?

Anyway, here is 10 things that are new with me:

1. I live in Melbourne now
2. I'm back in school studying silversmithing
3. I had a banana and chocolate smoothy for dinner
4. My hair is pretty long now
5. My Brother got married
6. I bought a desk last week
7. I lied before, I had popcorn for dinner
8. So how's this, last year I found out I have a semi-potentially-life-threatening-stomach-issue, probably brought on from a years worth of eating only smarties.
9. I'm learning to play the banjo
10. I'm still grooving along to the sweet sweet tunes of Adam Green. He even brought out a new album, kind of

So that's about it.
Sure there have been more interesting things along the way.
Maybe there haven't been, I don't know. 
It feels like just yesterday that I was sitting on those Fisher St steps with Tarryn drinking beer and smoking cigarettes, talking nonsense about the world.
It feels like yesterday but I bloody wish it was today.

I'm one of those people that surely never appreciates things until I'm looking back reminiscing. 
I think the medical term for that is 'whiny little brat'.

Anyway, like I said, I can't promise anything, but maybe this year, going back to school and all I will actually have some interesting things that might be worth while writing about (probably not).


Here's a flashback:






Here's new Adam Green:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment