...
...
...

20110418

Splendor in the Bank

When I first looked at the line up for Splendor, I clicked the link for Coachella by accident (I was looking at it on my phone + I am silly) and I saw that Arcade Fire, Ratatat, Bright Eyes, Best Coast, Animal Collective, The Radio Dept, She Wants Revenge, Wire and numerous other bands I would give my hands to see were playing, I immediately lost my shit and went a little crazy.  
I though I would die if I didn't go.
I think I would pay my life in slavery just to see Arcade Fire alone.

Little did I know.. I was on the wrong site and my excitement was for nothing.
Later that day, I was reciting my ecstatic review of the line up to one of my buddies and not only made myself look like a dick, but also became amazingly underwhelmed with the news that my version of Splendor was not in fact the actual version of Splendor.

I took a look at the actual line up and came to the conclusion that it's $523.60 and it's not even that amazing.
Sure, I would also die to see the likes of Modest Mouse (I would give my first born), Devendra Banhart (I would give my second born), Jane's Addiction, Mogwi and DJ Shadow, but I'd rather keep my money and buy a really nice pair of shoes.

Wow, that just made me think, I could fly to Japan for the same price as some of the shoes I have.. scary.
And it's even scarier to think that I have multiple pairs of these Japan-ticket-priced-shoes.



Meanwhile, the Antlers (who I saw at Laneway and was desperately disapointed) have an album that is about to be released called Burst Apart.

Here is a sneaky sneak preview.






No comments:

Post a Comment