...
...
...

20110120

Hilary the Hippo

Tomorrow is my last day in the office.
I packed up my desk today and it was kinda sad.

It’s amazing how quickly this past year has gone and all the things that have happened.
All the memories keep flowing back to me to the tune of ‘why do birds suddenly appear, every time, you are near’.

I remember my first week and how timid I was.. On the Thursday I went to the Zoo’s Halloween themed Christmas Party and didn’t get home until 3:30am and had to get up for work at 5:15am.. that was a rough day.
I remember this guy that did work experience with us would stare at me creepily while I was at my computer (no longer doing work, but instead posting on my blog and talking to creepier people on FB).
I used to wear heels every day and get really dressed up (this was made apparent when Geoff who works in the office next door said ‘you used to be cool.. not anymore, you’ve let yourself go’) (He’s nice, not a jerk).
I remember playing soccer on Friday afternoons and having tequila parties.

I have slowly gotten used to this place, so much so that it became my nightmare.
Because I was so frustrated, it became the core of many fights and it boosted my mind into more frustration which then took a toll on my general happiness, both in and out of the office.

Whilst it will be sad to now work here anymore, I am also greatly looking forward to this new, scary adventure and pretty damn glad to get the hell outta here.


No comments:

Post a Comment