...
...
...

20110124

The Day: Part 3, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero's

After Matt & Kim, I dashed off to see Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero's which is of course the reason I went (to interview the band).
It too was a phenomenal show.
I saw them play at the Hi-Fi back in April (?) which was also amazing.

The crowd was just feeding off them.  Everyone was jumping and singing along.
I unfortunately did not get any shots because I was too far away and though 'I will get some with them later'.
What makes this band so cool, in my opinion is that they have trumpets.. trumpets make every band great.

When they played their final song - Home (the one I posted on Saturday night) everyone just went nuts.

After the show I went back stage (oooooh yeah) to get an interview with Jane, but by the time I was allowed in (I had to walk around the grounds a million times and ask people for help) they were no longer in their room.
I waited outside for a while - like the true creep I am - until people started to stare at me (Sia even asked me if I needed help.. oooooh yeah) and then I left, going back every half an hour, but the band had already gone.

I am going to try and tee up another interview, even via e-mail so then I can at least say the HUGE thank you to Bryan that is deserved (he is honestly lovely).


This is probably one of my favourite songs of theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment